QuickBooks Training Workshops – List of Primary Classes
- Who are these online classes for? And how will they help?
- Option 1 – Subscribe and get all ‘Primary’ classes (+ Bonuses + Other Benefits!)
- Option 2 – Select from individual ‘Primary’ classes (2a: Learn by “Level” OR 2b: Learn by “Topic”)
- List of Primary Classes (by topic, in sequence)
QuickBooks Training Classes (↑)
If you’re struggling to understand what’s REALLY happening with your finances then you need to discover how to take the guesswork out of running your business.
- Business Owners:
You can make smarter decisions with current and accurate financial information
Learn the right way to do the accounting and job cost tracking for your company
- Accounting Supervisors:
You’ll now have professional help available with the click of a button
- Professional Consultants:
Acquire more ‘value-add’ knowledge and tools to use as you work with your clients
Day or night, from the convenience of your home or office, you can learn how to turn your accounting system into a powerhouse of critical management information. Diane Gilson shares years of job-cost and QuickBooks experience, training, and business coaching insights. Discover how to get the numbers, and create the reports, that can make a REAL difference in your financial results!
With our expansive library of in-depth, on-demand, online Quick Books and financial accounting training classes you can immediately start to take control of your business.
Option 1: Get immediate access to ALL of our current and future online training with a monthly subscription (↑)
Your subscription provides:
- Instant access to all of our individual ‘for sale’ online workshops listed below (>60 classes and >60 hours of training).
- All handouts used in each workshop. Handouts include outlines, diagrams, procedures, tips & techniques, screenshots, etc. Download, take notes, and use them for future reference…
- Additional support tools including our sample Chart of Accounts, the ‘Profit Prophet’ Analyzer, the Equipment Usage Cost Calculator, and a QuickBooks Home & Family File Template.
- All future workshops (we periodically add new recordings to your subscriber library)
- Instructor access: Do you sometimes stay a few minutes after a seminar to ask the instructor a couple of extra questions? Simply set a time each month to get those questions answered, or to personally speak with Diane about an issue specific to your company.
- Bonus! You’ll also receive immediate access to more than 25 additional QuickBooks not-for-sale workshops & ‘Showcase’ sessions available ONLY to subscribers.
Option 2: Purchase workshops separately (↑)
If you choose to purchase individual workshops, you’ll have lifetime access to the classes and handouts that you acquire. Choose from more than 60 reasonably-priced individual QuickBooks online training classes that you can use to jump-start, upgrade, or master your job-cost accounting system.
You may wish to browse through available classes either based on your experience and overall company objective (by “Level”) OR you might more of a “Topic person” . If so, you can see the classes listed in a ‘subject-matter’ format. See below…
2a – Learn by ”Level” – Based on Your Experience & Needs
Levels indicate experience, needs, and/or level of responsibility. For example, if you really want to get a basic job-cost system in place as quickly as possible, you could start with the Basic Accounting & Job Costing (Level 1) seminars.
When you are ready to move into more advanced accounting topics, wish to use the more sophisticated QuickBooks features, or you’re responsible for accurate management reports, you will want to take advantage of the Advanced Accounting & Job-Costing (Level 2) workshops.
Level 3 workshops are useful for everyone, but are of special interest to business owners and managers as they focus primarily on higher-level business, financial management, and profit-building concepts.
2b – Absorb QuickBooks Accounting & Job-Cost Training Topic-by-Topic
We have also, alternatively, listed the training topics in sequence. Then, within each topic, you can progress from the more basic classes to the advanced classes (i.e., from Level 1 to Level 2 classes). You can therefore ‘follow-the-class-numbers’ through a logical progression designed to help you build your expertise within each subject area using a building-block approach.
Note: If there’s a special topic that you want to view immediately, you can go straight to that specific workshop. If you find that the class refers to underlying elements that you have bypassed, you may need to go back and fill in the missing classes. We don’t encourage skipping ahead as a regular practice because the seminars are designed to build upon each other …
Primary Classes (Levels 1,2, and 3) – by Topic and Sequential Order (↑)
Overview of topics:
Jump to subject areas by clicking the numbered links below (class titles listed under each topic then take you to detailed info about each QuickBooks tutorial).
- Time to change your management accounting information?
- Critical computer system decisions
- Securing your data & making the right technical (‘Preference’) choices
- How accounting systems and reports work in successful businesses
- Customizing QuickBooks forms to meet your specific business needs
- Your Chart of Accounts: The essential foundation
- Designing your detailed job-costing elements
- Easier, Faster, Better: How to be more efficient and effective in QuickBooks
- Using Estimates & Purchase Orders to manage & increase your bottom line
- Entering and controlling costs
- Entering and adjusting income
- Preparing job-cost and company reports for management
- Accuracy counts: Proofing, fixing & finalizing your work
Time to change your management accounting information? (↑)
- Why and How You Can Use a Financial Control Loop (Level 3/1000) 32 min
- How to Get the QuickBooks Job Cost Reports You Want (Level 3/1005) 30 min
…(Page includes free preview)
Critical accounting and job-cost decisions (↑)
- Discover (and Get!) What You Want from Your QuickBooks Accounting System (Level 2/1010) 42 min (Page includes free preview)
- Selecting the Best Version of QuickBooks (Level 2/1100) 20 min (Page includes free preview)
- Analyze Your QuickBooks File in 35 Checkpoints (Level 1/1105) 58 min
- Coordinating a QuickBooks Startup or Remodel (Level 1/1110) 58 min (Page includes free preview)
- Think QuickBooks Isn’t “Enough”? Options to Consider… (Level 2/1115) 24 min
Critical computer system decisions (↑)
- QuickBooks Computer System Layouts (Level 1/1200) 27 min
- Maintaining a Safe Home for Your QuickBooks Data Files (Level 1/1205) 43 min
Securing your data & making the right technical (‘Preference’) choices (↑)
- Access to Your QuickBooks File: Controlling “Who Can Do What” (Level 1/1300) 16 min
- Protect Your QuickBooks Data From Loss, Corruption and Theft (Level 1/1305) 18 min
- Optimizing your QuickBooks Company File Preferences (Level 1/1310) 91 min
- Customizing Your QuickBooks Personal File Preferences & Icon Bar (Level 1/1315) 76 min
How accounting systems and reports work in successful businesses (↑)
- Accounting Crash Course I: Information Flow & Reporting, Systems,
Accounts & More… (Level 1/1400) 96 min (Page includes free preview)
- Accounting Crash Course II:
Income Measurement Methods, Special Accounts & More… (Level 1/1405) 76 min
- Intro to QuickBooks Sales, Purchasing, Payroll & Banking Cycles (Level 1/1410) 103 min
Customizing QuickBooks forms to meet your specific business needs (↑)
Your Chart of Accounts: The essential foundation (↑)
- Essential Financial Reports: What Are They & Who Needs Them?
(Level 1/1420) 29 min (Page includes free preview)
- Building Your Chart of Accounts (Level 1/1430) 102 min
- Remodeling Your QuickBooks Chart of Accounts (Level 2/1440) 84 min
- Creating Accurate Opening Balances (Level 1/1500) 107 min
Designing your detailed job-costing elements (↑)
- The Item List: Secret to QuickBooks Job Costing (Level 1/1600) 72 min (Page includes free preview)
- Cleaning Up QuickBooks: Items, Payroll Items, & Prior Tax Returns (Level 2/1605) 66 min (Page includes free preview)
- Building, Organizing, & Managing Your Customer:Job List (Level 1/1610) 24 min
- Advanced Techniques to Create Critical Job Analytics (Level 2/1615) 73 min
- Creating & Maintaining Vendor Records (Level 1/1625) 43 min
- Overview & Concepts: Time Tracking & Payroll (Level 1/1630) 72 min
- Primary Background Supporting Lists (Level 1/1635) 44 min
- Creating Custom Fields in QuickBooks (Level 1/1640) 47 min
- Importing Information into your QuickBooks file (Level 1/1650) 41 min
Easier, Faster, Better: How to be more efficient and effective in QuickBooks (↑)
- QuickBooks Tips, Hints, Insights, and Techniques (Level 1/2000) 111 min (Page includes free preview)
- QuickBooks “Extra’s”: Features Advanced Users Should Know About (Level 2/2010) 71 min
- Running an Effective & Efficient Back Office (Level 1/2020) 68 min
Using Estimates & Purchase Orders to manage & increase your bottom line (↑)
- Controlling Results with Estimates & Change Orders (Level 2/2100) 107 min
- Job Allowances: Estimates, Tracking, Reporting & Billing (Level 2/2110) 44 min
- Controlling Costs with Purchase Orders (Level 2/2140) 84 min (Page includes free preview)
Entering and controlling costs (↑)
- Entering, Printing, & Controlling Checks (Level 1/2300) 91 min
- Entering Bills and Vendor Credits (Level 1/2305) 65 min
- Processing Bill Payments (Level 1/2310) 44 min
- Managing Bills in QuickBooks (Level 2/2315) 48 min
- 77 Tips & Techniques To Improve Your Cash Flow (Level 2/2318) 15 min (Page includes free preview)
- Big Ticket Purchases & Depreciation (Level 1/2325) 57 min
- More Than One Company? Unique & Complex Transactions (Level 1/2330) 19 min
- Accounting for the Owners’ Personal Expenditures and Contributions (Level 1/2335) 43 min
- Credit Card Transactions: The Mini-Accounts Payable System (2340/Level 1) 36 min (Page includes free preview)
- Inventory Overview: Intro to Inventory Concepts (Level 1/2350) 35 min (Page includes free preview)
- Computing & Assigning Equipment Costs To Jobs (Level 2/2355) 65 min (Page includes free preview)
Entering and adjusting income (↑)
- Bank Deposits, Draws & Loans (Level 1/2505) 16 min
- Invoicing Basics: Fixed Price, Progress Invoicing, Time & Cost,
Customer Deposits, Retainage, Change Orders (Level 1/2520) 75 min
- Advanced Invoicing: Special & Complex Invoicing Scenarios
(Level 2/2525) 53 min (Page includes free preview)
- Accepting payments, crediting customers and processing refunds (2530/Level 1) 19 min
- Accounting For Job Closings (Level 2/2535) 50 min
- Intro to Accounting for Long-Term Contracts, Spec Homes, & Lots (Level 2/2600) 66 min
- Adjusting income and cost for spec homes, lots, completed contract and other jobs (Level 2/2610) 70 min
Preparing job-cost and company reports for management (↑)
Accuracy counts – Proofing, fixing & finalizing your work (↑)
How To Check, Fix, And Finalize Your Job Cost Assignments (Level 2/4010) 65 min (Page includes free preview)
Continuing Education credits
NARI (the National Association of the Remodeling Industry) has approved our presentation-content classes for their Continuing Education Units. Credits are granted as .1 unit per 50-minutes of presentation time. Qualifying sessions include all financial management, accounting, and marketing seminars; it does not include coaching, showcase or networking sessions.
For More Specifics…
- About the development of these workshops: please visit the About page
- About the CAMP subscription program: please visit the CAMP Frequently Asked Questions page
- If you’ve reviewed the FAQs and still have additional questions, or if you would like to call or e-mail us directly: please visit the Contact page.
2-Month, Risk-Free, Money-Back Guarantee