QuickBooks Training Workshops – in Chronological Order
Review a chronological list of all the QuickBooks training workshops offered by BuildYourNumbers.com!
QuickBooks Accounting Training Classes
Online job-cost and management accounting workshops
If you’re struggling to understand what’s REALLY happening with your finances then you need to discover how to take the guesswork out of running your business.
- Business Owners:
You can make smarter decisions with current and accurate financial information
Learn the right way to do the accounting and job cost tracking for your company
- Accounting Supervisors:
You’ll now have professional help available with the click of a button
- Professional Consultants:
Acquire more ‘value-add’ knowledge and tools to use as you work with your clients
With our ever-expanding library of on-demand, online Quick Books and financial accounting training classes you can immediately start to take control of your business.
Here’s how to get started:
Option 1: Purchase the workshops separately
The link to each topic listed below leads to a detailed description of that specific tutorial. Add individual workshops to your cart, make your purchase and you’ll have lifetime access to the classes and handouts. Choose from more than 60 reasonably-priced individual QuickBooks online training classes that you can use to jump-start, upgrade, or master your job-cost accounting system.
Option 2: Get immediate access to ALL of our current and future workshops with a monthly subscription
Your monthly subscription includes:
- Immediate access to all of the current, on-demand workshops listed below.
- Links to download all handouts used in each workshop (handouts include outlines, diagrams, procedures, tips & techniques, screenshots, etc.)
- Access to additional supporting materials such as our sample Chart of Accounts, the ‘Profit Prophet’ Analyzer, the Equipment Usage Cost Calculator, etc.)
- All future workshops (we record monthly and add these new recordings to your subscriber library)
- One-to-one monthly consultations with Diane Gilson (you’ll receive a link to create a no-charge 15-minute consultation each month. Ask questions about a workshop you’ve attended or request insights about an issue specific to your company).
- Bonus! You will receive immediate access to more than 25 additional QuickBooks workshops & ‘Showcase’ sessions available ONLY to prior subscribers
Day or night, from the convenience of your home or office, you can learn how to turn your accounting system into a powerhouse of critical management information. Diane Gilson shares years of job-cost and QuickBooks experience, training, and business coaching insights. Discover how to get the numbers, and create the reports, that can make a REAL difference in your financial results!
* Links below take you to pages with additional information about each of these QuickBooks tutorial workshops.
Is it time to make a change in your management accounting information?
- Why and How You Can Use a Financial Control Loop (1000/Level 3) 32 min
- How to Get the QuickBooks Job Cost Reports You Want (1005/Level 3) 30 min
…(Page includes free preview)
Initial decisions you need to make about your accounting system
- Discover (and Get!) What You Want from Your QuickBooks Accounting System (1010/Level 2) 42 min (Page includes free preview)
- Selecting the Best Version of QuickBooks (1100/Level 2) 20 min (Page includes free preview)
- Analyze Your QuickBooks File in 35 Checkpoints (1105/Level 1) 58 min
- Coordinating a QuickBooks Startup or Remodel (1110/Level 2) 58 min (Page includes free preview)
- Think QuickBooks Isn’t “Enough”? Options to Consider… (1115/Level 2) 24 min
Optimal setups for running your QuickBooks accounting system
- QuickBooks Computer System Layouts (1200/Level 1) 27 min
- Maintaining a Safe Home for Your QuickBooks Data Files (1205/Level 1) 43 min
Customizing QuickBooks internal security & setting Preferences for your company
- Access to Your QuickBooks File: Controlling “Who Can Do What” (1300/Level 1) 16 min
- Protect Your QuickBooks Data From Loss, Corruption and Theft (1305/Level 1) 18 min
- Optimizing your QuickBooks Company File Preferences (1310/Level 1) 91 min
- Customizing Your QuickBooks Personal File Preferences & Icon Bar (1315/Level 1) 76 min
Introduction & overview – How accounting systems, processes & reports work in successful businesses
- Accounting Crash Course I: Information Flow & Reporting, Systems,
Accounts & More… (1400/Level 1) 96 min (Page includes free preview)
- Accounting Crash Course II:
Income Measurement Methods, Special Accounts & More… (1405/Level 1) 76 min
- Intro to QuickBooks Sales, Purchasing, Payroll & Banking Cycles (1410/Level 1) 103 min
Understanding QuickBooks forms & customizing them for your specific business
Establishing a Chart of Accounts that yields essential,
management-friendly financial reports
- Essential Financial Reports: What Are They & Who Needs Them?
(1420/Level 1) 29 min (Page includes free preview)
- Building Your Chart of Accounts (1430/Level 1) 102 min
- Remodeling Your QuickBooks Chart of Accounts (1440/Level 2) 84 min
- Creating Accurate Opening Balances (1500/Level 1) 107 min
Designing your detailed job-costing elements in QuickBooks
- The Item List: Secret to QuickBooks Job Costing (1600/Level 1) 72 min (Page includes free preview)
- Cleaning Up QuickBooks: Items, Payroll Items, & Prior Tax Returns (1605/Level 2) 66 min (Page includes free preview)
- Building, Organizing, & Managing Your Customer:Job List (1610/Level 1) 24 min
- Advanced Techniques to Create Critical Job Analytics (1615/Level 2) 73 min
- Creating & Maintaining Vendor Records (1625/Level 1) 43 min
- Overview & Concepts: Time Tracking & Payroll (1630/Level 1) 72 min
- Primary Background Supporting Lists (1635/Level 1) 44 min
- Creating Custom Fields in QuickBooks (1640/Level 1) 47 min
- Importing Information into your QuickBooks file (1650/Level 1) 41 min
Easier, Faster, Better – Attaining greater efficiency & effectiveness with QuickBooks
- QuickBooks Tips, Hints, Insights, and Techniques (2000/Level 1) 111 min (Page includes free preview)
- QuickBooks “Extra’s”: Features Advanced Users Should Know About (2010/Level 2) 71 min
- Running an Effective & Efficient Back Office (2020/Level 1) 68 min
Using Estimates & Purchase Orders to manage and increase your bottom line
- Controlling Results with Estimates & Change Orders (2100/Level 2) 107 min
- Job Allowances: Estimates, Tracking, Reporting & Billing (2110/Level 2) 44 min
- Controlling Costs with Purchase Orders (2140/Level 2) 84 min (Page includes free preview)
Entering and controlling costs
- Entering, Printing, & Controlling Checks (2300/Level 1) 91 min
- Entering Bills and Vendor Credits (2305/Level 1) 65 min
- Processing Bill Payments (2310/Level 1) 44 min
- Managing Bills in QuickBooks (2315/Level 2) 48 min
- 77 Tips & Techniques To Improve Your Cash Flow (2318/Level 2) 15 min (Page includes free preview)
- Big Ticket Purchases & Depreciation (2325/Level 1) 57 min
- More Than One Company? Unique & Complex Transactions (2330/Level 1) 19 min
- Accounting for the Owners’ Personal Expenditures and Contributions (2335/Level 1) 43 min
- Credit Card Transactions: The Mini-Accounts Payable System (2340/Level 1) 36 min (Page includes free preview)
- Inventory Overview: Intro to Inventory Concepts (2350/Level 1) 35 min (Page includes free preview)
- Computing & Assigning Equipment Costs To Jobs (2355/Level 2) 65 min (Page includes free preview)
- Bank Deposits, Draws & Loans (2505/Level 1) 16 min
- Invoicing Basics: Fixed Price, Progress Invoicing, Time & Cost,
Customer Deposits, Retainage, Change Orders (2520/Level 1) 75 min
- Advanced Invoicing: Special & Complex Invoicing Scenarios
(2525/Level 2) 53 min (Page includes free preview)
- Accepting payments, crediting customers and processing refunds (2530/Level 1) 19 min
- Accounting For Job Closings (2535/Level 2) 50 min
- Intro to Accounting for Long-Term Contracts, Spec Homes, & Lots (2600/Level 2) 66 min
- Adjusting income and cost for spec homes, lots, completed contract and other jobs (2610/Level 2) 70 min
Preparing & delivering standard & job-cost reports to management
Accuracy counts – Checking, balancing, fixing & finalizing your work
How To Check, Fix, And Finalize Your Job Cost Assignments (4010/Level 2) 65 min (Page includes free preview)
Step through QuickBooks Accounting & Job-Cost Training (in Sequence) by Topic
Becoming an expert with software and accounting begins by walking through a series of “building block” learning steps – so the entire workshop series has been sequentially numbered. You can therefore follow-the-numbers through a logical, progressive sequence that will help you build your expertise, step-by-step-by-step. Within each topic area you can move from the basic classes to the more advanced classes (i.e., from Level 1 to Level 2).
Note: If there’s a special topic that you want to view immediately, you can go straight to that specific workshop. If you find that the class refers to underlying elements that you’ve skipped over, you may need to go back and fill in the missing classes. We don’t encourage skipping ahead as a regular practice because the seminars are designed to build upon each other …
or Choose a Workshop Level Based on Your Needs & Experience:
Levels have also been added to help indicate experience, needs, and/or level of responsibility. For example, if you really want to get a basic job-cost system in place as quickly as possible, you could start with the Basic Accounting & Job Costing (Level 1) seminars, and then proceed into the Advanced Accounting & Job-Costing (Level 2) workshops.
Level 3 workshops are useful for everyone, but are of special interest to business owners and managers as they focus primarily on higher-level business, financial management, and profit-building concepts.
- Click here to see just Basic Accounting & Job-Costing (Level 1) workshops
- Click here to see just Advanced Accounting & Job-Costing (Level 2) workshops
- Click here to see just Owner-Manager (Level 3) workshops
Continuing Education credits
NARI (the National Association of the Remodeling Industry) has approved our presentation-content classes for their Continuing Education Units. Credits are granted as .1 unit per 50-minutes of presentation time. Qualifying sessions include all financial management, accounting, and marketing seminars; it does not include coaching, showcase or networking sessions.
For More Specifics…
- About the development of these workshops: please visit the About page
- About the CAMP subscription program: please visit the CAMP Frequently Asked Questions page
- If you’ve reviewed the FAQs and still have additional questions, or if you would like to call or e-mail us directly: please visit the Contact page.
2-Month, Risk-Free, Money-Back Guarantee